How Do You Use Rice Paper

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 5:57pm by kakeladi

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 1:27am
post #1 of 2

Hubby went on a business trip this week and found a cake supply store he bought me a few things icon_surprised.gif and in his bag is a pkg of rice paper I've read where people have used it but I'm not sure exactly how icon_confused.gif

Molly2 icon_smile.gif

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 5:57pm
post #2 of 2

The best thing is to make b'flies or fall leavesicon_smile.gif
You want to use it for small embellishments on a cake as once on a cake it gets tough for cutting & eating.
Yrs ago before frosting sheets it was used to make drawings. Used colored piping gel.
For b'flies, use non-toxic, felt-tipped pens (or get food colored pens) and draw from the top of the pic down. Don't let the pen linger at anytime on the paper as it will melt it and make a hole. Work as quickly as you can. When drawing, don't rest your h and on the wafer paper as the moisture in your hand will cause the paper to buckle. Make a small pad of paper towels to put under the hand.

You also can use colored chalks instead.
If you have an airbrush you can make beautiful, perfect fall leavesicon_smile.gif Just trace the outline of the leaf, then airbrush red, orange, yellow, brown, &/or green, even pink overlapping the colors. Just use a very light spray. The wafer paper will curl up - don't worry, that's what you wanticon_smile.gif
Cut out w/scissors after it has dried - about an hour.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%