I Need Help/ideas/pics - Blue & Ivory Cake

Decorating By mom2spunkynbug Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 1:42pm by ezbakin

mom2spunkynbug Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a cake dummy for tomorrow. I just got back from my honeymoon and this lady gives me details at the last minute for this cake dummy I'm doing for tomorrow. I already had an idea (pink/cherry blossom) 'til she told me the color scheme!

I've tried looking everywhere for pics - I just can't find any that I like. I saw one good one, but I don't know if I'd be able to do something like that (especially in one night).

Thanks in advance for any help!

4 replies
sweetos Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 5

ooh. tough colors. It depends on the theme, if you have the liberty, it would be fun to wrap an ivory cake in layers of descending shades of blue. Do like three layers, tall, med., and short, and have the edges cut like waves, lightest at the top and dark at the bottom, then finish the edge with navy blue piping. Something simple on top like a fondant cut out or pipe on some blue roses...hey if the lady wants blue, give her blue. Personally, I like your cherry blossom ideaicon_smile.gif Sweeto

Petit-four Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 12:36am
post #3 of 5

Morning glories come in varying shades of blue, often with ivory/white accents, and are in bloom this time of year.

Perhaps have them growing up the sides of the cake, like the cherry blossoms?

Just a thought...I'm sure it will come out great!

mom2spunkynbug Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you both!

I ended up doing an all ivory cake - since I didn't even know what shade of blue was going to be used - I didn't want it to look "off."

This was the first cake I ever did where I didn't have a plan! I just winged it! I started rolling out the fondant and did whatever!

I don't have a picture to post right now 'cause my aunt accidentally took my camera back to her home state after my wedding! I hope I get it soon! I still have the dummy at least icon_smile.gif

ezbakin Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 5

I also am doing a blue and ivory cake. I don't normally do wedding cakes but it only for 65-75 people so I told them I would. The problem was I didn't think they could throw anything at me that I couldn't handle. Well they want writing on the side of the cake!!! Writing is my weakest thing. Other then that I have no idea what to do. The wedding is this weekend and I am about ready to pull my hair out. I am trying to keep it simple and she wants roses to be ivory. Still now sure how to do my design. The tiers are 12-8-6 (top to keep). I am doing the 8 raised from the 12 and the 6 directly on that. Any ideas let me know. Thanks icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%