Help, I Need Fall Or Our Lil Pumpkin Baby Shower Cake Ideas

Decorating By zarzene Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 1:07pm by zarzene

zarzene Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 5

I am supposed to do an our lil pumpkin fall themed cake. I am not trained in cake decorating and was looking for some simple ideas. I have looked and looked but cannot seam to find any pictures that really fit the theme. If anyone has pictures that can give me something to go by I would greatly appreciate it!!

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 5

Sorry no one has helped you icon_sad.gif
Since you are not a cake decorator it is a bit hard to try to help.
Will the cake be round or a sheet or something else?
You could always buy silk flowers - they have such beautiful little ones for fall - and add simple borders.
Another idea is to get some rolled fondant and use cookie cutters to cut out pumpkins, leaves etc. These can be placed on either a fondant or b'cream covered cake of any shape/size.
On this site in the gallery is a section devoted to orange/yellow themed cakes. There are some ideas you might use in there. HTH

Bijoudelanuit Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 5

I made a pumpkin-cradle cake for a babyshower last fall. It's in my pictures. I used bundt cakes and fondant for it.

You maybe want to search for the same topic- I recall seeing a similar request a few weeks ago.

liapsim Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 5

I don't know if this is out of your realm or not but I did a pumpkin flavored cake in two pound cake pans with ridges and iced in orange cream cheese icing. When you flipped the top one over onto the bottom was the shape of the pumpkin. cover it in orange cream cheese icing. Then i took an ice cream cone and covered it in brown fondant and stuck it into the hole at the top like a stem. Then cut leaves out with cookie cutters and put the around the stem and bottom to decorate. It's not that hard and after the cake was baked...only took me 30 minutes to decorate. HTH!!!!

zarzene Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the ideas and search info. I appreciate it. I am thinking of doing a cake that looks like gifts, and maybe making a pumpkin out of fondant and putting a baby on top of it or maybe doing the icing version of the pumpkin with a baby crawling out of it. I have a few of the small plastic babies on hand. I have done several cakes in the past but everything I know is from looking at pictures in books or getting info online so no formal training. Pumpkins and fall have never been a theme for me... lol. I have seen some fondant leaves that look great using the fondant and fall colors blended together. I'm in the process of trying to find a leaf cookie cutter at my local stores. What ever I decide I will post the pictures but it will be next month. The shower is Sept. 13. Thanks again for your replies. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%