Lemon Cake Filling

Decorating By maude Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 8:51pm by FromScratch

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 12

I have an order for a round lemon cake with glaze. Since this is going to be a 2 layer cake any reccomendations for a filling? Can the glaze be used?

11 replies
ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 12

You could add a little bit of raspberry in the middle. I love the combo of lemon and raspberry. You could even take a bit of the lemon glaze with raspberry jam and add a little bit of buttercream to make it a little less wet.

HTH

Kathy

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 12

I'm a true lemon lover and when I find a customer who really likes it too, I use lemon pie filling *from scratch* fresh lemon juice, lemon rind grated in, it's an awesome combination!

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

I'm a true lemon lover and when I find a customer who really likes it too, I use lemon pie filling *from scratch* fresh lemon juice, lemon rind grated in, it's an awesome combination!

This sounds yummy could you post the recipe you use?

jules1719 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules1719 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 12

Use lemon curd. Most recipes are the same, and a quick interweb search will find you what you need.

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 12

I use lemon curd. It's just tart enough to offset the sweetness of the buttercream frosting.

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 7:45pm
post #7 of 12

Mix equal parts canned lemon pie filling and SMBC together and add some fresh raspberries... I don't like lemon but I LOVED this combo! It was FANTASTIC!

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 8:17pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks for the suggestions, if using pie filling will it need to be refrigerated

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 8:22pm
post #9 of 12

Raspberry and lemon is a lovely combo.

Otherwise a homemade lemon curd!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 8:40pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

Raspberry and lemon is a lovely combo.

Otherwise a homemade lemon curd!

As usual.. I concur.. You can lighten the lemon curd too by adding either some stiffly beaten whipped cream or some meringue if you want a lighter feeling filling.

Vanilla butter cake with lemon buttercream (made with SMBC, lemon curd and the juice and zest of lemons) and raspberry puree is one of my top sellers. So refreshing and it just screams summertime.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 8:43pm
post #11 of 12

Gimme somma 'dat cake, seester.....

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 8:51pm
post #12 of 12

Blueberry filling is good with lemon cake too.. just add some tapioca flour to blueberry compote and you are good to go. Mmmmmmmm.. like blueberry pie filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%