T.s Fay, Ruint My Wedding Cake....

Decorating By ranbel Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 2:36am by mrsscholler

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 3

I am thankful we are safe and back in our home today, but Tropical Storm FAY made me have to cancel a wedding cake for today....

The bride was very underdstanding and already heard of our situation here in N.E. FL..(she lives in south GA) no power, flooded and had to evacuate my home... when I contacted her on Friday the day before her wedding, she had a plan B in place just in case I couldn't make it Sat with her cake...Publix was going to make her an emergency cake....it was for a small wedding...

I am very dissapointed that I didn't get to do the cake, but relieved that she was not upset at all and very understanding.... icon_smile.gif

2 replies
Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 3

We just got home from Orange Beach, Alabama--just missed the rain coming from TS Fay. We had beautiful weather.

I took some fondant to work on some flowers and when we got back to Texas, they softened up due to the change in the humidity/weather--Had been raining here the entire time we were in AL.

Sorry, you had to cancel the cake but at least bride was ready with Plan B.

mrsscholler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsscholler Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:36am
post #3 of 3

aww im sorry to hear that well at least she was understanding and everyone is safe and in back in their homes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%