Is Wasc Cake Good For Carving?

Decorating By pumpkinroses Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 1:47pm by Juny1980

pumpkinroses Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 11:43am
post #1 of 9

I know this has been asked before but from my searching it's been mixed with other topics and I find different responses.

I was thinking about using the WASC for a bear cake and thought I would get a poll going so the responses are all in one place.

If you use a different kind of cake please tell also. I know this would help me and many others wanting to carve a cake.

Nikki

8 replies
newnancy Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 11:53am
post #2 of 9

Great question, something I also would like to know, so here's a bump.

springlakecake Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:06pm
post #3 of 9

I've never actually tried it, but I have made the WASC a couple of times it it was quite dense IMO. So I think it probably would carve fine.

Lady_Phoenix Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:12pm
post #4 of 9

I use wasc and all its variations for carving. Its dense enough to stand up well and there are not a huge amount of crumbs. Just be sure any recipe you choose to use for carving is cold before you begin.

Juny1980 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:21pm
post #5 of 9

Hi pumpkinroses,

I just hand-carved my very first cake...a Lightning McQueen from Disney's Cars (see below). I used the WASC and leveled/torted/filled/carved the cake. IMO, it carved pretty good. I don't know what to compare it to since I've never carved anything else, but I would definitely use it again. Good luck with yours!!!
LL

vickymacd Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:34pm
post #6 of 9

I just carved my BBQ sauce bottle cake last week, but I used the 'original' WASC cake recipe and had no problem. I did freeze the layers first which always helps!!

newnancy Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:05pm
post #7 of 9

Juny1980, cute cake. Your 1st carved cake, looks great...maybe I'll have to break down & try this, it looks like fun.

pumpkinroses Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:43pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks for the replies. I have carved before but I used Elisa Strauss's Vanilla cake and didn't want to use that for my DD birthday next month because WASC is so good.

Juny1980 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:47pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnancy

Juny1980, cute cake. Your 1st carved cake, looks great...maybe I'll have to break down & try this, it looks like fun.

Thanks, newnancy!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%