Fondant/gum Paste People Figures

Decorating By Holli_Rose Updated 29 Dec 2010 , 1:51pm by jillyscakes

Holli_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Holli_Rose Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:45am
post #1 of 8

Hi guys! Thank you for every one who responded to my last question a week or so ago. It was really helpful!

But now of course I have another! I was wondering if any one knew if there were any videos showing how to make people? I want to make a cake with my husband and all his brothers on it. But we're a little stumped on how to make them! I've seen things on youtube.com about how to make faces but I want to see videos on how to make the actual people. Not looking for the little characters that are all tiny but more 'real' looking. Make them with long legs (not just tiny little legs) and how to connect legs/pants/shirts/etc. If any one knows where I can go look at videos on how to do this I'd be very greatful for the info!

Thank you so much. I love this site!

7 replies
lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 2:24pm
post #2 of 8

Global sugarart sells a video by Maria Sanchez for a Stylished Bride and Groom. I picked up alot of hints that helped from it. Here is my finished product. Unfortunately the bride changed her mind and wanted them on the corners of the cake and they were a little heavy so they moved. The bride is too busty so I'd make her chest a little differently from the video. Fortunately the real bride had a chest to match! They really looked good sitting side by side on the cake dummy before they had to trade positions.

Anyway it's a good video.
LL

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 8

I would LOVE to know how to make people as well....I hope someone helps you so it can help me as well icon_lol.gif

i was going to post a thread about this yesterday too.

Holli_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Holli_Rose Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 4:48pm
post #4 of 8

Are there any places you can look to find this information for free? Unfortunately everything I've spent for this cake has put me a bit under! Its such an addictive hobby yet very pricy!

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 8

Maureen Carlson's book "How to Make Clay Characters" was really helpful to me. I use her techniques for my gumpaste figures. The library is an excellent and inexpensive place to find books and ideas.

rb822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rb822 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 11:32am
post #6 of 8

BUMPing this up as i need some advice on this too!

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 11:55am
post #7 of 8

look up the extra icing website by loraine mackay (always spell it wrong!) also known as aine2 on here. she has some free bits and pieces, or you can buy the full tutorials, which are brilliant!
xx

jillyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillyscakes Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 1:51pm
post #8 of 8

On you tube there is a video for cupcake gumpaste girl which might help a bit. If you can get hold of any Debbie Brown book they give quite a lot of help on making people.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%