Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 1:05pm by tdybear1978

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 5:41am
post #31 of 44

I'm here tonight too! Just finished making the icing for a wedding cake for tomorrow. I am going to go to bed for a few hours and get up early and get the square monster iced!! A last minute order - ugh - but for a great friend - what can you say?

Then I have to ice 8 dzn petit fours for an event tomorrow night - but I will work on that while the cake is crusting tomorrow morning.

It's hard getting back into a busy routine after having 4 weeks of just a couple cake a week . . . I've already had one 2 hour nap this evening!!LOL!!

I'll check back in tomorrow morning - good luck everyone.

Suze

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 5:51am
post #32 of 44

Will I'm ging to bed to good night all

Molly2

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 6:00am
post #33 of 44

i'm still here, working on my lego monstrousity (sp?)

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 6:07am
post #34 of 44

I am here and I actually just started... One of my really good friends had her 21st birthday party tonight so I went and had a couple jello shots with her... I have a football, & baseball cake iced waiting for them to crust so I can VIVA, and I am throwing together a last second b-day cake for a co-worker who is turning 30... that is a white cake, choco iced reese pb cup cake...

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 6:08am
post #35 of 44

I'm still up. I just finished baking...6 batches of cake in 4 different flavors. I need to make 3 fillings, pack it all up to travel 2 states away(sounds further than it is...takes about 5 hours) for a baby shower for one of my niece's. I'm a blessed aunt for sure...I have a load of nieces and nephews. They range from almost 40 to almost 3 and are the sweetest kids in the world. So, to be able to do anything for them is a treat for me!

I attempted to do miniature babies...they wound up looking like miniature old men...I think I'll leave them at the house. Haha...I just thought...how hilarious it would be to stick the little "old men" heads as the centers on the gerberas...lol

mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 6:12am
post #36 of 44

I just had to giggle thinking of "little old men" in the flowers...

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 6:41am
post #37 of 44

no cakes for the 3rd weekend in a row!!!!!! so im relaxing and wathcing TV

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 7:06am
post #38 of 44

Newbie here... it is 2 am and i am enjoying reading the thread. I only bake for friends and family. Tonight I was making a lion character pan cake for my sister and brother (Leo birthdays). Then my husband came in to remind me that I still owe him a carrot cake..his birthday was on the 19th. It is in the oven baking... icon_biggrin.gif

As I was making it i came to the conclusion that this newbie has made her last character pan cake!!!! party.gif

hallfamily727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallfamily727 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 7:07am
post #39 of 44

Hi Molly...was doing the cake in buttercream and attempting the head in fondant. the fondant isn't sticking. It's now 2 am and I'm not done yet!!

tdybear1978 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 7:36am
post #40 of 44

hey all, still here working on this stupid lego cake, will I ever finish haha

mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 8:34am
post #41 of 44

I just finished all my cakes... I am off to bed... I will post the pics tomorrow...

tdybear1978 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 8:47am
post #42 of 44

I just finished icing my wedding cake and still have a few to go (thank God the lego cake is done) I think I am going to head home and get a couple hours of sleep and then get back to it first thing in the morning. Night (morning) all

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 11:29am
post #43 of 44

For the question about keeping the outside of the Twinkies moist - clearly you have never eaten a Twinkie. Those are the greasiest "food" ever invented. Handle 6 dozen or so and you'll see what I mean. I did wrap some plastic wrap around them though and took it off after they were delivered.

Hope everyone made it through!

tdybear1978 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:05pm
post #44 of 44

well, I am back up and heading back to the bakery to get this wonderful day started. Hope all your customers enjoy the cakes you all did for them

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%