Reverse Creaming????

Baking By jdelectables Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 4:45pm by OhMyGanache

jdelectables Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:11am
post #1 of 5

Hi, all ~

I'd like to try this but not sure exactly what it is and how I do it with an existing scratch cake recipe. Can you give me some help?

4 replies
jdelectables Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 5


OhMyGanache Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 5

Reverse creaming is essentially the biscuit method. You cut the butter (or shortening) into the dry ingredients.

GrandmaG Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 5

According to CooksCountry this is what they said about reverse creaming.
Use the reverse creaming method, which means cutting the butter into the dry ingredients (as with biscuit dough), to achieve a tender, close-crumbed cupcake.

OhMyGanache Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 5

The purpose of this mixing method is to coat the flour with fat before adding the adds and other liquid ingredients. This will decrease the amount of gluten formed (BAD) and give you a nice, tender crumb (GOOD).

Quote by @%username% on %date%