Helllloooooo

Decorating By pastelito Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 3:25am by shadowgypsie

pastelito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastelito Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 5

I´m mew to this forum, so helllllllllllllllllllllllllloooo to everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

I have a few questions and I hope this is the correct place to ask:

1. Can americolor oil based candy color be used in icing?

2. I´ve used soft gel colors, but I´d like to try "hard" traditional gel colors. ¿Can I find those in jars bigger than 1 ounce?

3. The reason I asked about Americolor oil based candu color is because I was wondering if those are like "hard" gel colors. I don´t know how much they cost, if they are more expensive than soft gel colors in big jars.

Thanks, I hope you can understand my questions, because english is not my native language. icon_lol.gif

4 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:01am
post #2 of 5

Welcome and hello!
I've never used americolor candy oils but I thought I'd respond to give you a bump up! someone on here will have an answer for you.
Do have fun here and don't get lost LOL

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:26am
post #3 of 5

I've never heard of 'hard gel' colors....
Seems to me I have used candy colors in b'cream but can't rememvber for sure.
Why not experiment? Take a couple of tablespoon of b'cream and test it yourself.

pastelito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastelito Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:12am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

I've never heard of 'hard gel' colors....
Seems to me I have used candy colors in b'cream but can't rememvber for sure.
Why not experiment? Take a couple of tablespoon of b'cream and test it yourself.

Well, I call hard gel colors like the ones you buy from Wilton, and of course those are not "hard", but in comparison to the new "soft" pourable gel colours they are hard. icon_lol.gif

´ll try with b´cream, although I don´t know what that is yet. icon_cool.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

Thanks anyway,

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:25am
post #5 of 5

You have to be careful with candy colorings because they will thin your buttercream frosting- Learned from trying them.

You cannot use them in royal icing because of the oil.

From experience I have found it wise to use the right coloring for the right medium.

the oil base candy colors were created because the regular colorings would ruin your candy melts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%