Suffering From Tropical Depression @#!

Decorating By Bossy Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 2:46am by mrsscholler

Bossy Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 4

Tropical storm Fay has kept me home from work sense Tuesday. At first I was soooo excited to have time off from work so I could work on gumpaste flowers. Well......the power is off and on , the wind driven rain has soaked my bedroom carpet, my street is under water, my gumpaste flowers are still soft and the paint on my gum past butterflies is still wet!! When I got up this morning, the little crumbs of red gumpaste that were left on my mat from last night had become sugar glue! So much for getting cake stuff done. We are still getting bands of rain today and expect to get more tomorrow. My rain guage has had a total 17 inches sense Monday afternoon. Usually cake decorating is my anti depressent, guess I'll just have to linger on CC insted to try and cure my tropical depression!

3 replies
JoAnnB Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 4

Sounds downright soggy. Hope you dry out soon! And thank goodness it wasn't much worse.

kakeladi Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:39am
post #3 of 4

Glad to hear your place is not under water!
Be thankful........many places that are getting rain from this mess really neeed it.

I bet everything you have tried to do is just a sticky messicon_smile.gif Moisture is gumpaste's enemyicon_sad.gif

mrsscholler Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:46am
post #4 of 4

glad you are safe from the storm it does feel awful to be held back from cake stuff. The storm wasnt so bad where i live but i was at work all day the day of the storm. so no cake stuff for me either. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%