Molding Rice Krispie Treats.

Decorating By marybible Updated 11 Oct 2008 , 7:51pm by knel

marybible Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marybible Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 6

This is going to be my first time molding rice krispie treats for a cake. What is the best way to do it? Is it easier to make my shape while its still warm or cold? Any other tips you guys can give me? thanks.

5 replies
Hollysuann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollysuann Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 6

I just had to use rkt for a cake I did. It's easier to mold when they are slightly warm. Also, butter up your hands so that they don't stick to your hands. Then put in the fridge to firm them up. Worked for me!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 6

Dito to Hollysuann's great advice and I'll add this... if your rkt peice will need a dowel or support to help it stay firmly attatched to your cake you should insert it right from the begining while it is still warm and squeeze the rkt right on the dowel or stick you use. I found that I would rather have sticky hands and a drier rkt peice for BC and MMF to stick to.

marybible Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marybible Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks guys. I will be putting a dowel in it I think. I will also be covering it with fondant. Put icing on it first as usual?

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:06am
post #5 of 6

If you can get the outside of it smooth no you don't need a layer of BC especially for the underside of a three D peice.. the fondant will need some 'tooth' to hold on to. But otherwise you can add or not add BC. -just super thin-

knel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knel Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 7:51pm
post #6 of 6

What is the trick to getting RKT really smooth? I'm doing a teapot out of RKT, and will be covering in MMF. I would prefer not to have a lumpy teapot. icon_wink.gif

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%