I Have To Confess

Decorating By lizziegirl Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 2:01am by APrettyCake

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 11:43pm
post #31 of 39

I enjoy the baking part. I hate the cleaning. But I can bake a lot at one time.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 11:53pm
post #32 of 39

I'm now much on eating cake either. I don't mind the baking, love the decorating, hate the clean up, (and I do make a mess) and love to set up the cakes.

Give me some brownies and ice cream and I'm good.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:09am
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingSugar

Okay, I must be strange LOL. I do not mind the baking part one bit. I actually enjoy baking. I HATE making buttercream. I wish someone would come in and make my icing and then I would be so happy.

Making it's not so bad, it's cleaning up the mess afterward. The bowl, which is too big for my dishwasher unless it's just about the only thing in there, the beater , all the tips. And the water has to be so hot to cut the grease. Yuch!

Rincewind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rincewind Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:40am
post #34 of 39

I really love baking and the decorating, but I don't like doing them both the same day. Although cleaning is tedious, I love when I'm finished and it's all so nice and neat. I just love that feeling....

JMarieSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JMarieSweets Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:13am
post #35 of 39

I must be odd. I enjoy all of it, even the cleaning. Cleaning has always helped clear my mind so its all part of the fun for me.

crafty_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crafty_mom Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:42am
post #36 of 39

I'm a newbie, so I still enjoy most all of it. icon_rolleyes.gif However, I have a very small kitchen with an even smaller counter space. I don't do cakes for a living though, so I manage. I have to clean between steps. Sometimes I even end up decorating sitting in the floor! icon_eek.gif

Jen

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:54am
post #37 of 39

i think if i didn't work 2 jobs, one being a baking job, i wouldn't mind the baking. but by the time i get home, or in my limited off time, i don't want to waste time on the baking part. lol and my kitchen is small with LIMITED counterspace so it's very aggrivating. top all that off with not being the most organized person and i start to really not enjoy some of this! LOL
ruby

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:56am
post #38 of 39

I also hate the cleaning up after...UGH!! Where's the little elves that sneak in and do it all for us?

APrettyCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APrettyCake Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 2:01am
post #39 of 39

I love the baking - it is my second favorite part after the decorating. The smell of freshly baked cake wafting through my house is SO pleasing!
I HATE HATE HATE crumbcoating! Hate it. Even if I do the Bronwen method where the icing is so slathered on that you don't need to crumbcoat - I still hate that first layer of icing! icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%