Looking For Little Things....

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 7:15pm by mgdsue02

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 4

When you go to measure how long to make your pillars or wooden dowels, whatever method of your choice for your cakes, how do you measure it? I was sticking a dowel in and marking it, which was a pain. Then I started using a ruler, which left a fairly big wide hole. So I started looking for a SMALL ruler, but can't find any. Then I thought Do they Make things to measure the debt of your cake for cutting dowels? that maybe marks it or tells you how long or deep it is? None of my cakes are exactly the same debt!

Also, I am looking for small clipboards..all I can find is the ones for doing crafts. I want like a nice clear acrylic one. I know, not really a cake item, but its small!

and I am looking for a little waistline..someone stold mine.

Anyway, was wondering how you all measured your cakes?

3 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 4

I saw that BKeith (she made the tutorial for tilted cake in the articles) uses a sewing slide ruler to measure her cakes.

Did you check Staples or OfficeMax for small acrilyc clipboards?

Just like for missing socks - there is a special place in heaven where we'll find our waistlines icon_wink.gif

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 4

I use a sewing guage. I think that is the same thing cupcakemkr is referring to. http://www.zianet.com/joblack/FCS/Notions/003/gauge.html

mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 4

Hey, someone stole my waistline too!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%