"cake On Board" Window Sign

Business By momtobtb Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 10:56am by Classycakes

momtobtb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtobtb Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 10

Does anyone know where I can get one of these little window signs that says Cake On Board? I really need one for when I drive really slow delivering a cake so people won't look at me weird.

I think I remember reading on here a long time ago wher someone got one made, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks!

9 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 10

vista print is a great place to get the magnetic signs for you cars. they do window signs but not ones for the outside of car windows, only store windows.

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 10

I originally bought a sign from an ICES convention that said:
"Caution: Wedding Cake Delivery" I just stuck it in the window from the inside of the van. I had a magnetic one once...but it blew off! icon_confused.gif

You could also make one on the computer, if you wanted to save a few bucks- then just laminate it.

Teenequeene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teenequeene Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 8:06pm
post #4 of 10

Heres a Cake Taxi bumper sticker
http://bumperstickers.cafepress.com/item/cake-taxi-bumper-sticker/11888261

Or you can customize your own at Zazzle.com

I didnt come across any Cake On Board signs.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 10

I've used Vista Print for cards, t-shirts, stamps, etc. I like them and they're always having sales.

You can find 2 sizes of car magnets here: small, free large, $7.99

http://www.vistaprint.com/car-magnets/car-door-magnets.aspx?xnav=top&GP=8%2F22%2F2008+4%3A44%3A35+PM&rd=1

HTH
Rae

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 10

Earlene Moore has a cute sign for deliveries that you can order from her website.

It is a smiling turtle with a wedding cake on its back. The message says, "Cake on the Way".

-Debbie B.

jules1719 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules1719 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:20pm
post #7 of 10

I had a local sign shop make me a magnet about 12" by 12". It cost me less than $15.

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 1:04am
post #8 of 10

I bought mine at a printers they made it the way I wanted it. Its just a sq flexible magnet and I stick it to the back of my car( Wedding Cakes On Board) paid about $10.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 9:28am
post #9 of 10

I will never use a sign like that again..I thought it would help, but it made things work. People would play games with us, want to see if they could make me swirl or tailgated us...And we don't even drive slow!! (didn't see the different...cakes are arriving fine doing the speed limit!) I had one car who was riding very close next to us at 60 mph to see if they could see what was inside the car!!

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 10:56am
post #10 of 10

I bought one that goes around my license plate and on the top there is a scrolling LED message that says: CAUTION......SLOW DRIVER.......WEDDING CAKE ON BOARD........CLASSY CAKES....... and then keeps repeating the message.

This works great for me and I change the message to just my business info when I don't have a cake on board. But this isn't a high traffic city where bumper to bumper traffic is a normal thing and drivers aren't really aggressive nor is tailgating an issue.

But I do love it! It's so cool! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%