How Do I Make Branches Or Twigs?

Decorating By aprilbree Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 9:51pm by aprilbree

aprilbree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilbree Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 4:14am
post #1 of 5

I have a wedding in october that will have twiggy type design on it. I'd like to MAKE the twigs if i can but i can use fake stuff if i want...she's not too picky. The twig design will not be glued to the side of the cake so that they're flat, they will be sitting at the bottom of one of the tiers, going around on all sides, sticking out as if they were actual twigs. Any advice? do i use fondant? Chocolate? Thank you!!!!

4 replies
plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 6:29am
post #2 of 5

Make your own with gumpaste that you color brown... Get some real twigs, branches, etc. Play with the coloring...they are not All brown. Let they dry, and you are ready to go... Just make sure you dry them how you want the to be lay on the cake, because they will not bend...

Good luck icon_smile.gif
Pat

PatrysV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatrysV Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:56am
post #3 of 5

I agree. Make your gumpaste basic brown, and them add some more brown, but dont mix it in totally - it will give you twigs / branches a "real" look, with lighter and darker patches. Put grooves in by using you pizza cutter.

PatrysV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatrysV Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:58am
post #4 of 5

I agree. Make your gumpaste basic brown, and them add some more brown, but dont mix it in totally - it will give you twigs / branches a "real" look, with lighter and darker patches. Put grooves in by using you pizza cutter.

aprilbree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilbree Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 5

oh man! for some reason, i JUST noticed that there were replies to my question from last year! i'm so sorry for not responding back! thank you both for your replies. i'm really not that rude...and i'm not completely sure how it went unnoticed. but thank you for taking time to answer my question.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%