I Need Uplifting.......

Lounge By KKC Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 4:32pm by KKC

KKC Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:47am
post #1 of 6

I just dropped my DH off to the airport..he's going to Trinidad on business for 2 whole weeks icon_cry.gif This will be the longest we've ever spent apart and I don't know what to do. I'm trying to focus on cakes and planning our vow renewal ceremony but all i can think about is him in Trinidad all alone icon_sad.gif I know there are a few people on here whose spouse has been away on business...tell me how do u deal with it?

5 replies
tracycakes Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 3:35am
post #2 of 6

Oh, been there many times and it's difficult but you will get through it. Take some time to pamper yourself, take a long bubble batch, get a pedicure, plan your renewal ceremony, plan some new cakes and practice, reorganize a closet, and most importantly, plan some special time together for when he gets home.

One main thing to remember is that it is just as hard on him to be gone. In our marriage, unfortunately, I have usually been the one that travelled and I hated being gone. My husband was extremely supportive and didn't complain and that meant the world to me.

One final note, just remember, that when you are planning those homecoming "activities" thumbs_up.gif , he will probably be jetlagged and need a little time to relax....well, maybe not. icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

Most important - SPEND TIME ON CC!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KKC Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 4:33am
post #3 of 6

You are too funny. But really, thanks for your advice! I'm trying to write my vows and as I'm writing I'm crying at the same time. Now if I can't write them without crying, I'm not going to be very good saying them without sobbing like a baby lol!

TC123 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 6

I truly understand how you feel... I only see my husband on the weekends, if I'm lucky, because he works out of state. (It's been like this for over 4 years.)

I like tracycakes idea of pampering yourself. Or maybe you could call a close friend or family member and plan a "girls" day or a special night out (dinner and a movie?). Read a good book. Try a new decorating technique, or try out a new craft.

On a personal note, Trinidad is a beautiful country. Many many years ago when my family left South America, some of them settled in Trinidad and Tobago. Very nice people there (as I know some people here in the U.S. who were born there).

Hey! Wouldn't it be nice if he makes a few friends down there? Then maybe you both can plan a special vacation there. icon_smile.gif

In the mean time, though, feel free to spend lots of time with us here on CC!!! icon_biggrin.gif

tracycakes Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 6

I know how you're feeling. But I learned over the years is just to keep busy and do something you rarely get to do otherwise. I know you very sad but will be more unhappy with yourself if you spend the entire 2 weeks crying and moping. It won't make it any easier on your spouse either because then he will feel guilty that you're so sad.

Another benefit of staying busy...the time passes really quickly. thumbs_up.gif

KKC Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 6

Well, I went out last night with my family and It seemed like everyone was with their spouses or boyfriends icon_sad.gif So that didn't help much, as I really started missing him. And we can't talk regularly because of the phone service. The good thing about it though is that I can get some one on one time with my son and it does help that he looks exactly like his father, so when I look at him I see his dad and it helps comfort me. My son is so sweet he said, 'Don't worry mommy, I'll take care of you while my daddy is away'...oh goodness let me stop writing now cuz I'm crying just thinking about it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%