Bridal Show

Business By BakingJeannie Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 5:09pm by BakingJeannie

BakingJeannie Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:25am
post #1 of 6

I remember there was a thread discussing what to take to a bridal show if you are doing one...I know comfortable shoes is a must, samples and dummy cakes... icon_redface.gif will someone refresh me with a few good tips, please?

This bridal show will be small and intimate like a cocktail party. It will be my first and I want look professional icon_cool.gif .

Thanks for your help.

Jeannie

5 replies
indydebi Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:33am
post #2 of 6
Solecito Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 5:05am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

This is a particularly good one:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-580310-bridal.html

Yes it is!!!

BakingJeannie Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

This is a particularly good one:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-580310-bridal.html

Indydebi, I think this is the thread. Thanks a bunch for your help. I'm very nervous I am more the artist and baker, not the sales and promo type of person. I can't sell my cake but they sell themselves, and that's the reason all the years I have been baking, I'm now looking at it as a business.

I have leaned so much for you all at this site, it far better than going to baking school thumbs_up.gif . Thanks once more and I promise to post photographs of the dummies when I am done.

Cheers!

Jeannie

indydebi Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingJeannie

I'm very nervous I am more the artist and baker, not the sales and promo type of person.

Dont' think about the sales part .... just talk to them. Just be interested in them. Just act like you're talking to your neighbor .... except you only have 60 seconds or so to do it! icon_lol.gif

BakingJeannie Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you indydebi and thank God I don't have sweaty palms. icon_biggrin.gif .

By the way just for fun...my two neighbours has dogs (the tiny yapping ones) and I have a cat as big as their dogs...so my conversations most time is like this: "...get your dog away from my cat!...my cat is going to smack your dog!" icon_mad.gif My cat, Carter-Jay, is even bigger than one dog. icon_twisted.gif

Happy Friday to you all!

Jeannie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%