Totally Random Icing Question

Decorating By lasvegasmommma Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 12:59am by lasvegasmommma

lasvegasmommma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lasvegasmommma Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:21am
post #1 of 8

So... there is a grocery store chain here called Von's, and they have really good buttercream icing! I am assuming they do not make it themselves, and I am trying to find out what brand they buy / who their source is. Anyone here know???

7 replies
Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:35am
post #2 of 8

Sorry we do not have a Von's in Georgia but here is a bump

LindseyLoocy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindseyLoocy Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:37am
post #3 of 8

I'm not personally familiar with Von's but if it's a chain, the buttercream was more than likely developed specifically for the chain and not distributed elsewhere. Good luck, though icon_biggrin.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:39am
post #4 of 8

Can you buy it right from them?

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:40am
post #5 of 8

The Von's by my house said they make the frosting there and they don't sell it by itself =(

LindseyLoocy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindseyLoocy Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:43am
post #6 of 8

I don't think they sell their bc, but I thought I had read in some post on here that Sam's Club sells theirs. I was hoping Costco did the same but they don't. My boyfriend's always asking for "grocery store icing," lol. He could eat a bowl of it in one sitting.

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:49am
post #7 of 8

Sam's does sell theirs. Either a 2 lb. bucket in lots of colors or a 5 gal. bucket. Really helps out if you have several cakes to do. The taste was good too.

lasvegasmommma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lasvegasmommma Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:59am
post #8 of 8

Ohhh... good to know about Sam's Club! And, I am surprised that Vons makes their own! I have a woman in one of my Wilton classes who is a bakery manager at an Albertsons store, and she says they buy theirs in a huge tub. Same w/ the cakes... they are all pre-baked and then frozen and shipped.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%