Wilton Fondant Cut & Press- Is It Any Good?

Decorating By cherrycakes Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 12:30pm by cherrycakes

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:19am
post #1 of 5

So I just got home from Michael's and have been searching everywhere for a nice flower cutter. I came across this cut and press (it imprints dots and lines onto the flowers) and decided to try it. Does anyone have it and it is worth keeping? It says to roll the fondant to 1/8" but I was hoping to put these flowers on wires so can I make two and stick them together? Any advice would be appreciated!!

4 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:32am
post #2 of 5

I just looked it up on the wilton site and the concept is good but I wonder how hard it will be to get the flower out of the cutter.

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:08am
post #3 of 5

I have both the leaf and the flower press set. you will want to have a corsage pin handy to help remove the fondant from the molds. Be sure and first dust the mold a little heavily with a cornstarch/powdered sugar mixture before using.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 3:41am
post #4 of 5

I have both and like them. You do want to roll it out to the 1/8th inch thick or the imprints will not show up on the pieces. They aren't too hard to get out, but I dito the crosage pin.

And in the 2009 yearbook they do have these flowers on wire, so if you have it you may want to look at that cake, it's in the wedding cake section.

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:30pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for your replies! I guess I'll give it a go and see what happens!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%