A Cake For My Bf Who Makes Beautiful Cakes!!!!

Decorating By becbec0202 Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 3:37pm by iamlis

becbec0202 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becbec0202 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 3

My best friend makes beautiful cakes in her spare time but I want to make one for her! I want to keep it simple but yet I want it to be a little different. I want to do something with her name or her initals (both are 3 letters) but I am not sure exactly what. If I do her first name I want the letters to be seperate but I am not sure how to decorate them. She loves all things girly and her favorite color is pink! Any ideas?

Thanks!!!!! icon_confused.gif

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:59am
post #2 of 3

Sounds like this is the perfect time to make my *original* WASC cake recipe icon_smile.gif It's a moist, tasty, wonderful white cake that you can fill in many ways.
As for making the letters - I suggest you make royal icing letters on plastic wrap and let them dry. Do a google search on 'lettering' or fonts for different styles of letters. Print it out, turn the paper over cover w/plastic and trace using a large writing tip (like #10); af you can add toothpicks to the backs and make them stand up.
As for decorating the cake - cover it with cornelli - (for a newbie you can call it squiggles) - just random snake like lines from tip 2. Maybe add a few flowers and you will have a really pretty cake.

iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 3

I could be TOTALLY nuts here...but wasn't it Rebecca Sutterby that created WASC? I have an old computer printout that says it is her recipe icon_smile.gif NOT trying to rock the boat at all! I just thought...maybe there are 2 versions or something? THANKS!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%