Email Campaign To Drum Up Delivery Sales

Business By tasteebakes Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 10:17pm by Toptier

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 10:03pm
post #1 of 2

My shop also doubles as a busy donut shop and we do have the best donuts if I do say so myself! One of the previous owners (years before I got it) used to do donut deliveries every morning and we would like to do something like that and I would also like to incorporate a cake delivery into that. Like a once a month employee appreciation cake delivery in addition to their daily or weekly donut delivery (we also make yummy sausage rolls, croissants, breakfast burritos, sausage biscuits, etc)

I am wanting to send emails to local banks, car lots, schools, etc in an effort to drum up these delivery orders and need some help with wording and package ideas.

Has anyone launched an email campaign like this and can I please look at it if you have?

Also anyone with fresh ideas. I'm out!!

Come to my shop, tell me your a cake central member and get a free donut!!

1 reply
Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 2

Be careful - it is against the law to send unsolicited bulk email. You have to get people to sign up/give permission. I've seen businesses put out a bowl for people to drop their business card with the enticement being some prize or another. Once you do get a email list started there are some services (cheap) that can help you with an email campaign legally such as Vertical Response and Constant Contact.

If it were me I would package up some samples with a coupon and/or offer a discount off REGULAR delivery and make the rounds in person. Collect business cards as you go and ask if you can add them to your mailing list, then follow up with the email.

All the best and good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%