Michigan Cc'ers..is There Any Cake Shops In Sandusky Ohio?

Decorating By sweetcravings Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 9:04pm by barbaranoel

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 11

My family and i are visiting a waterpark next week and i was wondering if there is any cake supply shops around the sandusky area. We are staying at the kalahari. I would love to find one around there so that i can stock up on some much needed cake stuff.

suz

10 replies
Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 11

Wendy Kromer (a Martha Stewart co-author) has a cake shop there -- maybe you could check her website, and see if she allows visitors, or she could refer you to a local shop...

http://www.wendykromer.com/

edited to add: I see she has an on-line store -- perhaps see if she has a shop there too?

sweetcravings Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 11

Oh goody, i'll check out her website and see what i find. IT would be wonderful to find one in the area. Thanks for the heads up.

suz

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 11

My favorite spot is Pat Catans. They are on Rt 6 on the west side of town
http://www.patcatans.com/.

I used to live in Sandusky and there's not really anything else. There is one in Norwalk about 20min south of Sandusky.

Which park are you going to? Kalahari, Great Wolf Lodge, The cedar point water park?

Barb

sweetcravings Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 11

Barb,

We are heading to the kalahari in sandusky. I will check out the website you provided.
How big is the one in norwalk? Is it worth the drive? My husband will probably moan when a mention going to a cake shop but i can't resist if there is a good one in and around the area. To find things around here is very difficult and selection limited.
suz

ETA...does pat catans, have only witons stuff? I looked at their website and it reminds me of michaels. My michaels is all wilton. I don't mind some of the stuff but i'd like to find other stuff too. americolor etc..

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:26am
post #6 of 11

Pat Catan's sells only Wilton, but they have their own brand of a few things (candy/cookie bags, candy cups).

barbaranoel Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 2:09am
post #7 of 11

Actually, it is worth the trip.

Handicraft Headquarters In Norwalk.

You would head south out of Kalahari - go into Norwalk, follow that until you get to Main St Norwalk . I believe it is right at the end of 250 there on Main St.

sweetcravings Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:56pm
post #8 of 11

Great! Thanks ladies. I think i might just try and convince DH to make the trip then. Gotta love a good cake supply shop. ;0)

suz

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:33pm
post #9 of 11

Wow, I didn't know that about Norwalk....good to know if when we head down to Cedar Point!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:35pm
post #10 of 11

Is that cute little 50s diner still in Norwalk? I was there probably about 21 years ago when my older sisters were performing in a children's theater group at a theater in Norwalk. We stayed in a motel (don't remember that part) and it had a cute 50s theme diner attached. I think there was a blizzard that day too. Amazing what you remember when you were 10!

barbaranoel Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 9:04pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

Is that cute little 50s diner still in Norwalk? I was there probably about 21 years ago when my older sisters were performing in a children's theater group at a theater in Norwalk. We stayed in a motel (don't remember that part) and it had a cute 50s theme diner attached. I think there was a blizzard that day too. Amazing what you remember when you were 10!

I can't quite think of what you're talking about unless you mean Ike's out by the hospital or there's a drive in type ice cream place on the west side of town.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%