How Do I Start A Cake Club, Flagstaff Az

Decorating By 2yummy Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 1:49am by Tona

2yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2yummy Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,
I need help. I recently moved to Flagstaff, AZ from North TX. I am really feeling bumbed. Here in Flag there is not a whole lot of cake stuff going on. icon_sad.gif I am really missing TX where I had customers, a cake club and I was able to teach class. Now I have to start all over. There are no good supplies up here in fact DH is really hard to find under $2 a box.

So I was thinking about starting a cake club. Are there formalities involved in this. I need some cake friends!!! icon_cry.gif

Any responses would be appreciated.

3 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 4

Oh, I love Flagstaff! That was where I saw snow on the mountaintop in late Spring, just like you see in the calendars and jigsaw puzzles. It melted by noon, but was still so great to see with my own eyes.

First you need a place to hold your meetings. Then see if your newspaper has an events section, where organizations like clubs and support groups can place free ads. Go to local bakeries with club formation announcements for the employees.

I think there are a couple of members from the Flag area here on CC.

You might want to change your location in your profile, or someone might get confused as to why someone in TX wants to start a club in AZ.

Say Hello to Sedona and Red Rock Country for me - and watch out for aliens! icon_lol.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

2yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2yummy Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the tips. It is beautiful up here. I will be sure to say Hi to Red Rock for you. We are always going down to Oak Creek Canyon, it's a great place!

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:49am
post #4 of 4

Also the local Micheals would be a good place to post about cake club meetings. Find out where your ICES meetings are held and when this will also help you meet cakers in your new area.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%