Pooh Cake With Rit Standing Up?

Decorating By cakehelp Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 7:56am by karateka

cakehelp Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 2

I'm working on the design for a cake a coworker of mine requested for Sunday. It's her daughter's third birthday, and she wants a girly winnie the pooh cake.

I don't usually model figures from fondant (cause I suck at it icon_smile.gif) but I gave it a try this time. I don't really think it turned out great... Ok mabye, but I want my cakes to be great icon_cool.gif (at least this early in development) so today I made royal icing transfers of Pooh and I'm thinking of putting one of them standing up on top of the cake. I have only done the front yet, but I thought I would turn it over, place an ice cream stick (don't know if there is a better word for it, but it shows in the pic next to the RIT) on and flood the back for stability. Then pipe some RI grass on top of the cake and push the stick down in there.

I have done lots of RIT's, but never had them stand up, so I'm not sure what's the best way to do it?? Any suggestions?? Does it survive a car transport (she is picking the cake up)?? The RIT's are so fragile, I wouldn't want it to break in the car... The ones I have done I have only done the front and then placed them laying down on the cake.

For the rest of the cake I'm thinking a pale yellow base (mmf) and pink/red flowers on the side, possibly with butterflies and bees.
LL
LL
LL

1 reply
karateka Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:56am
post #2 of 2

First off, your Pooh figure is too cute. Maybe a little flat faced, but way adorable, and you can definitely tell who it is.

If you'd rather do the RIT, glue the stick to his back and stick it into the cake. I've done RI coral sticking up out of a cake before and it was fine.

I'd do 1 or 2 extra in case of breakage, but if it isn't jostled or knocked by something, I believe it will be ok.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%