Repair A Kitchenaid?

Decorating By kymscakes Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 2:56pm by Justbeck101

kymscakes Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:22am
post #1 of 9

I just discovered that I destroyed the cord of my kitchen aid. It was behind a stock pot on the stove and it is quite badly burned now? Any advice on the best and quickest course of action, because of course I have cakes this weekend.....

8 replies
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:04am
post #2 of 9

I would contact KitchenAid to find out if there's a parts dealer in your area. You can purchase KA replacement cords that are molded to fit your mixer and have the terminals on the ends, so it should be a simple replacement. If there's no dealer in your area, I would Google or check the yellow pages for a small appliance repair center. While you can purchase replacement plugs, I do not know of any type of "splicer" on the market.

If you want to risk it, here are some tips on how to do it using electrical tape. But I would not risk using electrical tape to splice the wires back together due to the risk.

2txmedics Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:10am
post #3 of 9

I also would say find an appliance store in your area that can replace the EXACT thickness of the cord, if you cant find a KA supplier...make sure it meets the right regulations of a/c.

Justbeck101 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:14am
post #4 of 9

I am not sure of the name, I will look for it. But there is a website online that sales kitchenaid parts. I had to order new bushings for mine. Just search Kitchenaid mixer parts or something along those lines. You should be able to order a new plug and they are very simple to replace.

Justbeck101 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:19am
post #5 of 9

Here is the website I was talking about, but you may just be able to go to an electric supply or homedepot to replace the plug assembly. Just either take your mixer with you or read the wattage info on it before you go.

The people at mendingshed are very helpful. You can try calling them and asking what you should do. Let them know that you will be buying all of your parts from them when ever anything goes wrong with your mixer.

Justbeck101 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:20am
post #6 of 9

sorry, one more here. This is the plug for a 6 qt

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:20am
post #7 of 9

Mending Shed is the site that I found, too. Great resource! I've bookmarked it.

kymscakes Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:18pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks for the sight! My husband plugged it in and sait it worked so maybe just the rubber is burned...ok, stupid question, how do I know how many quarts my mixer is? It only says Artisan 325 watts.

Justbeck101 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:56pm
post #9 of 9

Mine has a model # on my small one and 300 watts and it says 6qt 575watts on my big one. So maybe yours is a 5qt?
Look for the model number then go to
Make sure you put some black electrical tape on your cord where it is melted. It will be fine to use if it is just melted a little. If the wires are showing you will want to put some electrical tape on it before you use it for sure!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%