Going To Toronto, Canada

Decorating By rox00 Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 3:13am by fearlessbaker

rox00 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:07am
post #1 of 6

Hi there...
YAAA... I am going to Toronto icon_biggrin.gif and am wondering if anyone knows of any supply shops in the downtown area that might be worth visiting? I'm not looking for anything particular but just want to browse. Maybe find something I don't see here in my local area.

Actually, I once had some "White Chocolate" fondant and was told it was bought in Toronto - I dont know where or the name of the fondant - any thoughts??? (I know it's not choco-pan)

Any Suggestions

Thanks much

5 replies
saramachen Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:24am
post #2 of 6

Hey - when in Toronto a good place to check out is McCalls. http://www.mccalls-cakes.com/CONTACT.html that is the link for the address for the retail store and warehouse... i think you have to have a business # or membership to shop at the warehouse. I am hoping to take some of their proffessional courses in the spring icon_smile.gif

Also there is Golda's Kitchen http://www.goldaskitchen.com/about5.ihtml That is the link for their address. Goldas is a smaller store, but it is very nice.

Enjoy your stay in T.O.

tracey1970 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:38am
post #3 of 6

At the McCall's warehouse, you can enter and poke around but you can't buy anything without the membership. I believe it is $25 for one year. Some people say that the prices are so good that they easily make up the $25 in one visit - depends on how much you buy, I guess. At the McCall's retail store, prices are a bit higher but anyone can buy there. Golda's sells Satin Ice if that's something you like. I tried Golda's own brand of fondant and wasn't as happy with it as I am with Satin Ice. Golda's is a bit pricey for some stuff. Not sure if there's anywhere else...

rox00 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:47am
post #4 of 6

icon_cool.gif Thanks - I'll check them both out.

BlakesCakes Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:05am
post #5 of 6

Geraldine Randlesome's Creative Cutters is also in the Toronto area:

Corporate Headquaters Canada:
561 Edward Ave. Unit 2
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Canada L4C 9W6
Tel: 905 883-5638

fearlessbaker Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:13am
post #6 of 6

You mite try browsing the Cakes Canada Forum and get some leads.

Quote by @%username% on %date%