Cake For My Bff's Birthday...

Decorating By SweetPea0613 Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 5:26am by Amia

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:56am
post #1 of 14

So my BF's birthday is coming up in september, so is mine! icon_biggrin.gif

But most importantly hers..lol

So when we were in high school and middle school i would always make yellow cake out of the box and frost it with chocolate frosting....It's her fave!!!

So for this birthday since I'm more into decorating and presenting pretty cakes I would like to make something special for her .....but I just don't know what..

She's a simple girl that loves yellow cake with chocolate frosting but I would like to make it extra special and actually decorate it like if she was paying for a real nice cake...even though it's a gift..lol

I was thinking giant cupcake but I would like more ideas to make it pop and not be so boring...or any other suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance for your help!

13 replies
sandykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandykay Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:18am
post #2 of 14

Is it a "big" birthday, IE 20, 30 ?

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:24am
post #3 of 14

what kind of stuff does she like? hobbies, interests, etc... ?

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:24am
post #4 of 14

ok so are we talking simple or do you have something special you do together like i recently made a "shopping bag" cake along side was a fondant wallet and reciept is there something that would be special? icon_razz.gificon_rolleyes.gif

SweetPea0613 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:28am
post #5 of 14

Well she doesn't really wear makeup or do girly things...but we do laugh a lot at stupid things together.....lol

she's just real plain...any ideas would help i guess..

amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:37am
post #6 of 14

maybe take one of your inside jokes and turn it into something

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:59am
post #7 of 14

What about one of those cakes that looks like you cut a slice out of it and it's sitting on top, but it's just the icing? Those are sooo cute I think and pretty generic, plus you could stick to the yellow and choc theme. ????

Rebelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebelady Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:15am
post #8 of 14

Since the yellow cake and chocolate frosting are the tradition how about making the cake look like the cake mix box and a can of frosting? icon_rolleyes.gif It honors your history together and would be a funny inside joke as well!! icon_lol.gif

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:25am
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelady

Since the yellow cake and chocolate frosting are the tradition how about making the cake look like the cake mix box and a can of frosting? icon_rolleyes.gif It honors your history together and would be a funny inside joke as well!! icon_lol.gif

OH OH OH !!! I like this idea!!! thumbs_up.gif

Teenequeene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teenequeene Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:49am
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelady

I really like that idea too!!

Or you could make a heart shaped cake and cut it zig zag down the middle like the best friend necklaces.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:07am
post #11 of 14

Am I the only one who loves yellow cake with canned chocolate frosting?? I am usually a cake snob (aren't we all sometimes icon_lol.gif ) but I love that basic and simple combination.

I love the idea of making the cake like the box and icing - very cool. Hope you have fun with it!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:27am
post #12 of 14

well how about a cake made out of something shaped like dog tags...and decorate it like those necklaces they sell for kids...BEST FRIENDS FOREVER....

and actually make dog tags with a saying that applies to you both...insert the tags into the cake top where a normal chain would hang so it look like the cake is the dog tag, and it has a chain coming out of it or beads colorful, so when u eat the cake...she has the tags as a memory. To hang somewhere...just a thought.

SweetPea0613 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 4:59am
post #13 of 14

OMG so I read this whole thread to my DH and my bro and they helped me figure out what I should do!!!

Me and my BF loved Tom Green in middle school and high school and thought his show was the best ever....12 years later we watched his video to the Bum Bum song and laughed just like we used to...

so to all of you who know the bum bum song, I'm going to make her a cake with a "cement" sign that says SWEDISH on it and make a giant Bum on the lonely swedish!! ROFLMAO!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif It's brilliant!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Sorry to those of you who think I'm crazy...but this is the best idea ever!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:26am
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPea0613

OMG so I read this whole thread to my DH and my bro and they helped me figure out what I should do!!!

Me and my BF loved Tom Green in middle school and high school and thought his show was the best ever....12 years later we watched his video to the Bum Bum song and laughed just like we used to...

so to all of you who know the bum bum song, I'm going to make her a cake with a "cement" sign that says SWEDISH on it and make a giant Bum on the lonely swedish!! ROFLMAO!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif It's brilliant!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Sorry to those of you who think I'm crazy...but this is the best idea ever!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

OMG that's hilarious -- you must be around my age! She'll love it. And I, for one, can't wait to see it! I totally understand the inside jokes too. My old bff and I had a thing with olives. icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%