Staff Birthday Celebration

Lounge By lakaty Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 1:04am by tchrmom

lakaty Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 3

HELP!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I'm going to be the 'Sunshine Fairy' at work this year(the person who circulates cards for b-days, plans special events, etc). I'm looking for ideas on how to celebrate staff birthdays in a unique, yet somewhat easy way.

In the past, we have all contributed $25 to the 'Sunshine Fairy' who uses the money to buy cards and small gifts. The 'Sunshine Fairy' circulates a card the week before a b-day for everyone to sign, then sometime on the staff members b-day we all gather in the staff room and present them with a small gift. The gifts in the past were valued at about $10(for example, on my b-day I received some cookie cutters icon_wink.gif ). The rest of the money collected was used to go towards sympathy gifts, retirments, etc.

I would like to hear other's ideas of what they have done. Anything is a possibility....

TIA

2 replies
seasonsmoke Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:02am
post #2 of 3

Oh what fun you will have. I'm the card lady at my work. That is how I met my husband in production. One thing that we do that might not be so nice, but when someone is turning 50 or 60 years old we all dress in black. Depending on how much time you have you could give the person clues on where their gift is. Send them on a little hunt.

One time I made the birthday girl brownies and used cookie cutters to make fun shapes.

If you get to listen to the radio in the office you can always have a song dedicated to them.

If your company lets you, you could do a once a month company potluck and have the birthday people sit at the head table.

Just a few ideas.

tchrmom Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:04am
post #3 of 3

I'm a teacher, and on our team, we take turns doing the cakes and cards for each other. The birthday person picks the kind of cake, the assigned person gets it and gets a card for all to sign, and then we all share the cake at lunch on a day near the person's birthday.

I like the other ideas too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%