Help! How Would I Do This?

Decorating By BOOTNEYBOO1 Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 3:54am by deliciously_decadent

BOOTNEYBOO1 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 2

I am doing a sweet sixteen cake and want to make 3 pillows with a tiara and a shoe on top. How would I cover the 15 inch with out causing all the creases underneath. Also, if I decide to cover top and then the bottom, do I do it? turn it upside down and cover ? How would I cut the fondant. using a scissor? Help, have to start on this soon. icon_cry.gif

1 reply
deliciously_decadent Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:54am
post #2 of 2

I would cover the bottoms first (all of them) then once you have finished the last flip over the first and do the tops. i would trim the excess with scissors (I use them all the time and work so great but they need to be a big kitchen set) I would also rub in the edges of the botoms so that the fondant could not peel off (If you ganache your cakes you can do this easily if you use something else you may find it difficult) i would also trim the top fondant sections with scissors glue down your edged well with what ever you are using to stick the fondant on with and then cover the seam with a frilly deoration or use a tool to make it look like a proper seam by adding the stitching look to either side of the seem,
hope this helped!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%