Here Is My "freewebs" Website

Decorating By Cynita Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 2:26pm by Meemawfish

Cynita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynita Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 16

Started it about a month or 2 ago, not quite finish, but check it out and give me some pointers. It's nothing really fancy, just tried to work with the freewebs templates that are offered.

Thanks,
Cynita

15 replies
Cynita Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 16

Ooohhhh.........
www.freewebs.com/desirabledelight

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 16

your website looks great but there is a "blue thing" that keeps coming across the page that kinda distracts me from reading, etc..... just my 2 cents worth......

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 16

If you want constructive criticism...I don't want to offend you, but the butterfly and the blue "mouse chaser" thing are a little distracting.
Other than that, it looks wonderful!

suzted7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzted7 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 16

Hi Cynita,

I think it looks good but I did find a spelling error on your About Me page. 3rd paragraph down...the word "workng." Obviously should be "working." Just thought I would let you know!!

mlharvell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlharvell Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 9:48pm
post #6 of 16

I agree about the butterflies. I would also get rid of the music. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 9:52pm
post #7 of 16

So far it looks great! I'm currently doing my freewebs site, too!

Cynita Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 10:05pm
post #8 of 16

thanks guys.
I kind of figured that the mouse chaser, butterfly, and music would be distracting, but I added it anyways thinking that it would add some excitement since the pages are so generic.
Somernoelle, I'm not easily offended, I have tough skin. I'm a big girl. I appreciate yalls opinions.

Thanks,
Cynita

Cynita Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 10:08pm
post #9 of 16

jennifer, be sure to share it. Can't wait to see it.

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 10:11pm
post #10 of 16

First I want to say your cakes are really beautiful. I think your "about me" and "general" sections are very informative and well written, they really convey something about who you are and what you have to offer.

I do think the Home (Welcome) section could be tightened up just a bit. I found it to be just a little too long and repetitive. It's definitely not bad, it just doesn't seem to flow quite as well as the other sections do. in my opinion.

saramachen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saramachen Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:35am
post #11 of 16

I think its good. I actually like the butterflies. I think your pricing pages is good, as well as the calendar. I can't be bothered to read the long intro and about me pages (sorry, JMO) but i did skip right to your gallery where your work speaks for itself. For lazy readers like myself, i would make sure all the very important info is in the first paragraph.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:34am
post #12 of 16

I agree with everyone the bouncing line and butterflies aren't needed. Otherwise all is good

mrsscholler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsscholler Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:34am
post #13 of 16

the site looks really nice

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:48am
post #14 of 16

i agree that freewebs can be a little generic, but they have tons of templates to make it a little more your own. your site looks great!

Cynita Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:29pm
post #15 of 16

Thanks everyone for your inputs, I really appreciate it. I'll soon be making some revisions.

Thanks,
Cynita

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:26pm
post #16 of 16

I think your web page looks great and your cakes are beautiful. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%