These are the instructions for a fruit palm tree that I posted on the site and got such a response to. Thanks everyone!!
1. 3/4inch about 4 ft high copper tubing slightly bend to form a tree truck.
2. attach it to a very thick board with a flanch from the plumbing supply department such as home depot
3. cut both ends off of 5 pineapples and core center ( I do this with another piece of 3/4inch solid pipe)
4. place each of the 5 pineapples on the copper pole to cover it to the top. sometimes you need 6 pineapples because they might be too small. you also might need to slightly cut the pineapples on an angle so they fit close together on the bent copper pole.
5. cut bit size pieces of fruit and place on a skewers that will stick in the pineapples. I try to use pineapples, cantalope, honeydew and strawberries alternating the fruit so it looks colorful.
6. buy a fake plastice palm plant and place on top. I took my plant apart so I can make it look more real. There you have your fruit palm tree!!!
MUST BE ASSEMBLED ON SITE OF PARTY, IT DOES NOT TRANSPORT WELL. PLACE IT NEXT TO A CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN FOR EXTRA YUMMINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry not at my computer so i can't post picture under these directions. for photo please look in my photos simplysweetbygigi thanks again and good luck to all.
That is So cool - thank you so much for posting this!!! I can't wait to try it!
how cool is this..... thanks for the info
I'm throwing a 30th birthday for my husband next month and am definitely doing this! Thanks!
thanx for the 411 . . . very unique idea . . . .
Now 2 or 3 of those beauties would make a great centerpiece at any party!
this is awesome!! Thanks!