Idiot Baking Question

Baking By smashcakes Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 3:56pm by cupcakemkr

smashcakes Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 7

can most cupcake recipes be poured into a cake pan and used as cake recipe or is there something special about the recipe or something that needs to be changed. i want this book that has all cupcake recipes, but i think i would only want it if the recipes could also be for cake. like i said, kind of a beginners question.

6 replies
mjarvis78 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 7

yes, you can use a cupcake recipe as a cake recipe. You will just bake it a little longer than the cupcake time.

JoAnnB Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:45am
post #3 of 7

Recipes for cupcakes tend to be smaller, making about a dozen cupcakes. That won't make much of a cake.

2txmedics Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 4:01am
post #4 of 7

You will LEARN...there are no dumb questions in cake central...we all are here to learn, and share with each other...for some its as simple as not knowing what you asked about the cup cake recipe, but you may hold the key to something we dont know...and then we will ask it and you will say ...I know!!! and post it.

Relax and welcome and enjoy...its a great group in here...*hugs*

Children Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 4:03am
post #5 of 7

Just curious....I heard that on the cupcake thread there is a way to get all the recipes - Can anyone tell me how?

Meemawfish Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:26am
post #6 of 7

The recipe file is in Fiddlesticks line at the bottom. icon_biggrin.gif

cupcakemkr Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:56pm
post #7 of 7

Most times yes, however, vegan recipes don't tend to work well as cakes - I've noticed, they just don't rise as high or sink in the center.

The recipe link for cc thread is in my signature line.

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%