How To Display/package Cupcakes?

Baking By Tellis12 Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 8:06pm by holoien003

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:53pm
post #1 of 10

I am planning on taking a bunch of cupcakes to a farmers market to sell. At first I was thinking I'd just display them all on a cupcake stand but then I realized that they'd be outside all day and dry out, not to mention bugs and anything else. So do you know of an inexpensive, pretty way to display them so people can see them but they won't be in danger? Thanks!

9 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 10

cake plate with cover. you could package them in clear solo cups with lids and set out on a stand then they are more of a grab n' go item. Other posters have said that they keep the bulk of the cc's in a cooler and just display a couple at a time.

You can search for farmers market and see past posts about this topic. Good luck.

Tellis12 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 10

Oh thanks! I didn't even think about searching for farmers markets. I looked for cupcake stuff. What a good idea! Thanks again!

holoien003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holoien003 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:01pm
post #4 of 10

I saw a couple of gorgeous cake stands with glass covers. The covers were tall and they looks quite elegant.

What are you going to do if people want to buy say 1/2 doz. to take home?

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:32pm
post #5 of 10

I like the glass cake stand/cover idea. If you're worried about heat/bugs, you may consider making some cupcake dummies to endure the heat (foam cupcake base/all crisco icing colored and decorated like the ones you would have in a cooler).

I have had some large orders of mini-cupcakes and found this site the other day:

www.brpboxshop.com

Their prices are very reasonable and I ordered a bunch of holders for the mini-cups to use (and they have FREE SHIPPING, cannot beat that!). I was making my own carriers for them out of old FedEx boxes (by cutting holes in the boxes to put them in, very time consuming and it kills the fingers), but the bakeshop in town doesn't have anything to carry the small cupcakes in.

You can get the holders and boxes for your regular and jumbo cupcakes with the see through tops and have them in those for people to take and to see. This site has the dozen, 2 dozen, the 4 and single cupcake holders.

You also don't have to buy by the case, go to the multi button on the left of the site and you can order what you want.

I just ordered my holders the other day but should get them in soon. If all goes well, I may start using this site primarily for my needs.

Hope it helps and good luck with the Farmers Market, I've heard some positive things about that.

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 10

what about doing a set of just display cupcakes for people to see what they look like.
the rest you could just keep boxed until they purchase them. i use boxes from the dollar store (the kind you buy in two packs to wrap presents in) they are the perfect height for typical cupcakes and you can stack them on top of each other.

holoien003 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 4:40pm
post #7 of 10

Great website Monica! Thanks! I was looking at that sort of thing yesterday at Michaels! thumbs_up.gif

Tellis12 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:24pm
post #8 of 10

So this is what I think I'm going to do:

I'm going to display a couple of cupcakes on a cake plate with a cover and keep the rest of them in coolers. I found some sundae cups and lids and GFS that are high enough to hold cupcakes so I think I will package each one individually in those. If people want to take home several, I'll have boxes I can package them in. This is my plan. Sound good??

Ldydesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ldydesignr Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:50pm
post #9 of 10

Farmer's Market? Selling cupcakes at a Farmer's Market....so why didn't I ever think of that? Thats a great idea.

Using the cake stand and keeping the others cool makes lots of sense too. Hope you have lots of good luck with this.

holoien003 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 8:06pm
post #10 of 10

I think that will look well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%