Chilled Cake And Fondant?

Decorating By Katilia Updated 27 Aug 2008 , 6:38pm by loriemoms

Katilia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katilia Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 6:25pm
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkenimer

Are you mixing your buttercream on low? I saw someone say that not mixing on low causes the air bubbles. I have that problem too, but haven't gotten to try their suggestion yet. Too much worry about the peeling thing. Just cut the cake, hand them the piece and let them deal with it. If they don't know how to take it off themselves or eat around it........... If this is the biggest problem they have all day-----------Thank you Lord!

I did see something online where if you are making your icing and you fill the bowl up past the sides of the paddle that it wont make air bubbles. Like the paddle has to be completely submerged in the icing. I don't know how they manage to make icing like that, it seems a bit messy to me.

Katilia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katilia Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 6:29pm
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Quote:

You don't HAVE to use a crusting buttercream....I also don't care for using viva or typing paper or whatever..I think its too time consuming and doesn't give it a pretty look. Since I discovered non crusting, I ice my cakes faster, they look better (spatula smoothing) and look more natural. I also think its easier to work with! The crusting buttercream was harder to smooth down, especaily if it crusted too fast.

I did make an egg white buttercream once (it was the vanilla bean buttercream from the martha stewart wedding cake book) and everyone said it was bland, it did taste like whipped cream. I did notice that it was easier to smooth than crusting BC, it just didn't taste as good and it was a thousand times more annoying to make.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 6:38pm
post #33 of 33

The recipe I use doesnt have eggs in it..its shortening and flavorings and butter..its rich and buttery and I get a lot of compliments on it! There ARE non crusting buttercreams out there!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%