Finding Clients..........

Baking By nicksmom Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 2:42pm by cookiemookie

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:37am
post #1 of 12

what is the best thing you have done to get clientel? I have left my cards around town but don't seem to get anywhere with that> I was thinking I need to figure out how to get out there so i can get my buisness going.Do flower shops and stores that have registries,welcome buis cards??? any suggestions would be helpful.TIA

11 replies
mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 11:47am
post #2 of 12

You can make a few cupcakes and drop them off places with your business card. People seem to respond better if they have tasted it. I also send postcards with some of my cakes on it to party stores and things.
I took cupcakes to my pharmacy once and to my husbands office.
You also have to tell people too. (which I'm very shy about) It is slow at first but then it will pick up as word of mouth spreads.
Jen...

holoien003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holoien003 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 12

I agree...make some cupcakes and drop them off with business cards/brochures etc... I think you need to take a bigger step than just dropping off business cards and hope people will take them.

A lot of larger offices do birthday celebrations and often have meetings with snacks. Try offices for architects, lawyers, home builders (especially home builders they eat more donuts and sweet treats than policemen (no offence to policemen)), engineering firms. I know there are more and I can only think of company names which won't help you because I'm in Canada!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 12

SCHOOLS SCHOOLS SCHOOLS!!! Make one or a couple dozen of your favs, or asst flavors, take them to your local schools to put in the teacher's lounge with cards and/or brochures. Then have the secretary announce to the teachers that there are "special treats" in the lounge for them for break time! Teachers always need to know of a place, either for personal use or to recommend, to get goodies!! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif Banks too!

mrsscholler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsscholler Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 12

i did banks I took a cake and stack of cards and i actually got orders that way.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 12

Just be sure that once you're "out there" in the public eye, doing marketing, that you are licensed and legal. Because you will get caught.

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:26pm
post #7 of 12

it depends on the state whether you need to be licensed. In Ohio, you do not have to be licensed if you are not selling items that require refrigeration.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 4:05pm
post #8 of 12

The OP is from New Jersey.

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:43am
post #9 of 12

nail salons and bridal boutiques or kids party houses that have those jumping house thingies on a large scale...

DiscoLady Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:43am
post #10 of 12

nail salons and bridal boutiques or kids party houses that have those jumping house thingies on a large scale...

DiscoLady Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:46am
post #11 of 12

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 2:42pm
post #12 of 12

I wish I lived in Ohio!!! icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%