Help With Colors

Decorating By janelwaters Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 3:57am by SugarFrosted

janelwaters Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:14am
post #1 of 7

I am completely at a loss for colors for a baby shower cake. The do not know the sex of the baby, so I need something neutral (which I think is my problem!).

I am using white buttercream on a two tier (6 & icon_cool.gif round - bottom tier to have polka dots, top to have stripes with a fondant onesie on top with thier last initial on it.

So HELP - I think I need like 3 colors for polka dots and stripes etc....

Quick Quick - its for tomorrow!!!! why do i always wait until the last minute!!

6 replies
xstitcher Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:44am
post #2 of 7

Are you going with pastel colours?

Yellow and green are always neutral when it comes to babies and a pale blue would compliment these nicely if you'd like 3 colours. If your worried about the blue just don't make it a prominent colour, use it as an accent colour instead.

xstitcher Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:47am
post #3 of 7

Or you could go up to 4 colours and use pale yellow, green, blue and pink. Just make the pink and blue smaller stripes and or dots.

icer101 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:51am
post #4 of 7

xstitchers ideas sound great..... use all four colors... it could be a girl... so add just a touch of pink somewhere... it will be beautiful with all those colors.. hth

xstitcher Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:53am
post #5 of 7

I was just thinking that if you don't want to go with pastels you could always try primary colours. Or maybe something with orange (like yellow and green) more bright colours.

I always have a preference for the pastel colours when it comes to babies though as it reminds me of their softness!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

janelwaters Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:55am
post #6 of 7

I had wanted to stay away from the yellow and green - but with the pink and blue I think I like it! I had thought about doing green and purple (light colors) with maybe a really light orange - I really wish I knew how she was doing the nursery!!

Oh well - I think I like the 4 colors.

thank you all so much!! knew I could count on you!

now i remember why I always wait until the last minute - i'm always on CC!!!

SugarFrosted Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:57am
post #7 of 7

Don't forget lavendar icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%