Help! Urgent!

Decorating By kkswmmr114 Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 3:23am by Cakepro

kkswmmr114 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:41am
post #1 of 6

How do I tell when a cheesecake is done?? The recipe says when the filling is set... but what does that mean?? How can I tell when the filling is set?? This is my first baked cheesecake and the time is up, but I dont think it is ready... HELP!!

5 replies
Cakepro Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:43am
post #2 of 6

You want the very middle of the cheesecake to have just a little jiggle to it. Then turn the oven off and leave the door shut. Let the cheesecake cruise slowly to doneness. When the oven is back to room temp, bring the cheesecake out and allow to cool. The top should not have a crack in it, as that is what happens when you overbake cheesecake.

What recipe are you using? Are you baking it in a water bath?

Sherri

kkswmmr114 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:49am
post #3 of 6

Im using newlywedws Ultimate Cheesecake recipe from this site. It is not in a water bath. Am I suppose to put a toothpick in and if it comes out clean then it is done?? Or is that just for cakes??

Cakepro Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:55am
post #4 of 6

No, you don't toothpick-test a cheesecake. You use the jiggle test. icon_smile.gif

kkswmmr114 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:57am
post #5 of 6

Ok, it is slightly jiggly... I turned the oven off and am letting it cool. I hope it isnt overdone... Thank you for your help Cakepro!! I knew CC would help me out!!

Cakepro Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:23am
post #6 of 6

No problem! Let me know how it turns out! icon_smile.gif

Sherri

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%