Ck's Impression Mats ... Used With Bc For 1St Time

Decorating By indydebi Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 6:08pm by cakedout

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:10am
post #1 of 4

I've had an impression mat for some time and haven't had a chance to use it, but finally got an opportunity. I love it a lot and just wanted to share it with others who might be thinking about it.

here's the cake with the circle impression mat: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1256596

What I like is it's so easy and works well on crusted BC. The mat is also reversible ... the design can be concave (impression goes down into the icing) or the design can be 3-D (impression "stands up" on the icing).

Here's the mats: http://www.countrykitchensa.com/whatshot/texture_sheets_fondant.aspx .... I used the one that is shown on the bottom tier of the green cake. The green cake shows the 3-D side ..... my cake shows the concave side.

I first practiced with just some icing on a cardboard. It looked ok, but then I played with some canned spray icing and once color was added, wow, it just really enhanced the visibility of the design. So having a red/white/blue design for the governor's reception worked out pretty well!

I'm probably going to be getting some more of these things! thumbs_up.gif

(ah, yeah, those ARE fondant stars on the other cake icon_redface.gif )

3 replies
AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #2 of 4

Thanks for the link! I have been dying to try the mats, but don't even own one. I'm just going to have to get me one....or two now. icon_lol.gif

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:36am
post #3 of 4

neat idea to use the mats on BC. I do love how the air or spray color accentuates the mat impression. Looks great

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 4

I have some of Earlene's mats that I like alot. thumbs_up.gif

I have one of the red mats from Geraldine Randlesome. I love the design it makes, but when I use it on my fondant I get these tiny little specks of red in my fondant! icon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%