Where Do You Get Cake Dummies From?

Decorating By keyshia Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 2:18am by keyshia

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 7

Hey all,

I'm in the process of getting my kitchen licensed and wanted to make some cakes to 1. practice and 2. put in my portfolio! I was looking online for cake dummies, and I found a place called Taylor Foam that sells a 5 pc set (14, 12, 10, 8 and 6X4) dummy set for like $11 plus the shipping which totaled $25.20. Then I started looking online and saw that there were some prices that were WAY more than that...is there somewhere special that you all get yours and would there be a reason that I wouldn't want these that are only $25 incl shipping?

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Keyshia

6 replies
staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 7

i usually buy my dummies from dallas foam.

the total cost of their dummies (as per your post) was about $12.00 not including shipping.

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 7

I get all my dummies from www.dallas-foam.com
They are super cheap and shipping is reasonable. You should check them out.

Tallmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallmama Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 7

http://www.dallas-foam.com/store/cakedummies.html

Is the sight that I have seen floating around here. I haven't ordered from them but they seem pretty inexpensive. Hope this helps.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 7

Is that the same as dallasfoamonline.com?

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 7

I got mine from dallasfoam and love them. The only thing is it took them a while to ship them out. So if you need them in a hurry, you might not get them. They are worth the waite.

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:18am
post #7 of 7

Thank you all for your responses...strangely like 3 of your sites came up as blocked? Hmmmm...Sounds like it is just a matter of preference though...I wanted to make sure there was no specific reason why someone would order from one site or another (like easier to clean, better product or whatever).

Thanks again!

Keyshia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%