Why Is It So Hard To Let Go?

Decorating By sugarcheryl Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 1:30am by sugarcheryl

sugarcheryl Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 5

I just need to share. This is suppose to be my last week really tomorrow is the last day but I feel guilty. I worked at a cater for almost 2 years. I did give my all but I feel bad for the owner she's pregnant now and she really doesn't have really anybody to be there in the day. I mean she is hiring someone but I was the one she could rely on but I feel like I'm bailing on her but honest I tried to stick it out but not only no increase in$ because business has been slow, but not to have products to do what I need, Or I hear I'm over budget. I take my money and buy things so what ever I bake or design doesn't suffer. I have to call to see when I need to come in to work. Like today she ask me what time was I coming in on tomorrow and I said I don't know what about 2pm or is that to early Yeah that's to early but she didn't want any thing being done when people come. I'm just tired. I mention to her mom I would come in on Tuesday and Wednesday to bake oh you better wait till you work your new job and see how you feel. I am the baker and before whatever she need me to be, delivery person, kitchen helper, etc. for the same pay. I just hate to see people struggle in the business. Thanks for bearing with me. icon_confused.gif

4 replies
Gatorfan01 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 5

You can't help those that won't help themselves. Sounds like you were an excellent employee and she'll miss you and will realize it later.

Keep your chin up. icon_wink.gif

Gatorfan01 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 5

You can't help those that won't help themselves. Sounds like you were an excellent employee and she'll miss you and will realize it later.

Keep your chin up. icon_wink.gif

VannaD Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 5

i agree with Gatorfan, you gave your all but its time to move on. They run a buisness and they need to do what it takes to keep their buisness afloat, they cant expect an employee to work there forever, you have to move on and do things for yourself. Good Luck, if its just a buisness relationship im sure they understand.

sugarcheryl Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:30am
post #5 of 5

Well I was close to the owner and we still will keep in touch I'm making the baby's first birthday cake. I will still do her hair while I still have time. But today was my last day. I start my new job next month and until then I will work on my business getting my kitchen legal the next several days I work on getting my paper work together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%