Bullet Casing Or Shell Casing

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 6:02pm by cakedout

SugarBakerz Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 6

Hi.. wondering if anyone knows of a chocolate mold for bullets? I am doing an orange brim hunters hat for a bird hunter and they have requested bullets for additional decor'. I know I can do them in fondant, but chocolate might work better for this. Any suggestions?

5 replies
lilacc01 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 6

You mean like shotgun shells?

SugarBakerz Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 6

yes exactly... I need to make a replica to go with the orange cap.

lilacc01 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 6

These are instructions I remeber seeing a while back... I think any mold making material you got at Michael's or Hobby Lobby would be fine. I can't post the website for the picture, google shotgun shell mold!

SHELL INSTRUCTIONS
Posted by DeniseNH on September 08, 2005
(Click any link to order products)
Acquire one shell then order Silicone Putty from Dolores. Make the chocolate mold yourself. Takes 30 seconds to mix the two ingredients together and 15 minutes for the shell (stuck into the silicone putty) to cure enough to use it as a chocolate mold - just mold two halves together and you have your edible shells. They say you can make molds out of children's clay - have done that before but it leaves the outside of the chocolate dull looking and the mold is ruined when you take out the chocolate so you have to remake the mold each time. Not that I've ever seen a shiny shotgun shell before. Whatever you do - don't use play dough. Too soft to mold. Best of luck.
*Use Gold Highlighter Dust for shell end. Red chocolate for the shell part.

Texas_Rose Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:21am
post #5 of 6

Here's a mold for bullets: http://www.firstimpressionsmolds.com/ws117bullets1x314x12.aspx

I don't think you really need a mold for shotgun shells, if you make them out of fondant. They're really just a tube with a slightly wider circle at the end.

cakedout Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 6

I made a shotgun shell for my duck cake using a piece of fondant textured with a ribbed rolling pin. the end of the shell was a separate disc, then a band around the shell all painted in gold.

You can check out my cake gallery photo, but unfortunately, from the angle I took the pic, you can't really see the entire shell. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%