I Can Not Get My Gumpaste Pink! Please Help.

Decorating By Lynnscakes_sc Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 5:46pm by Lynnscakes_sc

Lynnscakes_sc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnscakes_sc Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 6

I bought the premade gumpaste from Wilton to try and teach myself how to make flowers. I also ordered numerous colors of the Americolor in which I am using to color the gumpate. I tried coloring it fuschia and it's purple. I added a lot of color (along with a lot of crisco because it became sticky) and still and ugly purplish color. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

5 replies
cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 6

Are you using the Americolor Fuschia by any chance? I have found that it's much more purple - almost mauve- than fuscia which I am also very disappointed about.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 6

You should try Deep Pink. I used fushia once and it was more fo a purple color. I add cornstarch or powdered sugar when my gumpaste gets sticky. Also maybe start with one drop and mix that in then if youd like it darker add another drop until you get the desired color

Lynnscakes_sc Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 6

Yes, I am using the Americolor Fushcia Pink. I also have the dark and light pink, so maybe I will have better luck with them. Glad to know that I'm not the only one having trouble with that color. It's awful!

Thanks, I will try the dark pink tonight and see what happens.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:36pm
post #5 of 6

Electric pink from americolor is the one that would give you that fuschia pink that you are looking for
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Lynnscakes_sc Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks, Edna.
By the way, I loved your tutorials on you tube. That's what got me started icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%