New To Site. Need Wedding Cake Help

Decorating By ezbakin Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 3:04am by JanH

ezbakin Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 4

I am new to this site and I am not sure why it has taken me so long to find a site such as this. I have a wedding cake to make for the 30th of Aug. I have baked cakes before and 1 other small wedding cake but still a newbie. I have been looking for the best buttercream recipe. I am spinning in circles but can't seem to find what I am looking for. My biggest fear is making it to far in advance, and on the other hand waiting until this last minute. I want the icing to taste good but I am afraid to use butter for a cake this size especially in the heat of August. Advice and any bc recipies is greatly appreciated. Thank you all for listening and i will be awaiting the responses. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Shelly4481 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 4

You can make bc a week or so in advance, I do and keep it in fridge. Take out the morning I will be needing it to let it come to room temp. I use a recipe now that doesnt have butter (because of heat) and just put butter flavoring in it. Sugarshack has a good recipe, I have used one close to hers for years. In the recipe section you can look it up. I understand there are alot of people with alot of different recipes, you just need to find one that you feel compfortable with and you like.

indydebi Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 4

This is the only icing recipe I've used for 25 years:

My now-famous story about it is how the cake sat outside in 90+ degree heat in August from 2 in the afternoon until it was cut at 7:00 p.m. right before a thunderstorm (HIGH humidity in the air!) ... and I've never had a melt-down.

JanH Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:04am
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%