New To Site. Need Wedding Cake Help

Decorating By ezbakin Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 3:04am by JanH

ezbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ezbakin Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 4

I am new to this site and I am not sure why it has taken me so long to find a site such as this. I have a wedding cake to make for the 30th of Aug. I have baked cakes before and 1 other small wedding cake but still a newbie. I have been looking for the best buttercream recipe. I am spinning in circles but can't seem to find what I am looking for. My biggest fear is making it to far in advance, and on the other hand waiting until this last minute. I want the icing to taste good but I am afraid to use butter for a cake this size especially in the heat of August. Advice and any bc recipies is greatly appreciated. Thank you all for listening and i will be awaiting the responses. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 4

You can make bc a week or so in advance, I do and keep it in fridge. Take out the morning I will be needing it to let it come to room temp. I use a recipe now that doesnt have butter (because of heat) and just put butter flavoring in it. Sugarshack has a good recipe, I have used one close to hers for years. In the recipe section you can look it up. I understand there are alot of people with alot of different recipes, you just need to find one that you feel compfortable with and you like.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 4

This is the only icing recipe I've used for 25 years: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6992-Indydebis-Crisco-Based-Buttercream-Icing.html

My now-famous story about it is how the cake sat outside in 90+ degree heat in August from 2 in the afternoon until it was cut at 7:00 p.m. right before a thunderstorm (HIGH humidity in the air!) ... and I've never had a melt-down.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:04am
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%