Help! Carriage Cake Made W/ball Pan.

Decorating By connie1220 Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 3:56am by JanH

connie1220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
connie1220 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 5

For any of you that has attempted one of these . I sure could use some help making one. I would love to see pictures to get some ideas. Thank you CC'ers.

4 replies
murf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
murf Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 5

Hi,
I made one of these for my daughter's birthday 2 years ago. It was quite time consuming but worth it when I saw her face! It's a bit fiddly is all I can say - I covered it in fondant and it was a case of smoothing it down and tucking it under then cutting off the surplus. I made all the wheels, mice etc over a week or so before so that they dried - they were made of mexican paste (wheels) and fondant with cmc for the animals etc. Cinderella was fondant too.
Pm me if you want to ask more.
Good luck
Jenny
ps In this photo if you look closely you can see where one of the "little darlings" tried to eat the wheels before we cut it - they snapped the bottom off before I could get to them - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
LL

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 5

Well, I made one......
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1213530

It didn't turn out very well.. the mistake I made , the BIGGEST mistake, was that I put on to much butter cream under the fondant, and it made the fondant slide. The horse was a cookie, so of course the proportions were not good either..... I will say it was SOOO much fun though... please try it......Just do as I say, and not as I do...... icon_lol.gif

minorfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minorfan Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 5

I have made one - photo in my gallery.

Use the pumpkin pan - fill up more than you would so it is all the way to the top of each half. Trim the edges really well so there is no ridge when you put the two together.

Getting buttercream on it was difficult because of the grooves and ended up thinning the BC and using a pastry brush so it was not to thick.

Make sure your fondant is thick enough and do the carriage in one piece and becareful not to stretch the fondant.

Make the wheels and decorations as far in advance as possible. Especially the wheels.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:56am
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%