Decorating/piping With Royal?

Decorating By nisha_ru Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 5:49pm by nisha_ru

nisha_ru Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 6

The only times I have used Royal, I have made my decorations ahead of time and placed them on the cake.

Next week, I'm doing a wedding cake all in SMBC and the decorations need to be black so I'm thinking royal?
Can I pipe them directly on the cake, or will that make the royal flop?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

5 replies
nisha_ru Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 6

Do I have bad BO or something? I'm feeling pretty invisible here! icon_sad.gif

tracycakes Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 6

The fats in your buttercream will break down the royal icing so no, you don't want to pipe royal directly on buttercream. I have made black buttercream and piped it on a cake. It can bleed if it sits too long but I have piped black the day before I delivered it and kept it in the fridge overnight and no problems with bleeding.

Good Luck!

lynseyg2002 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 6

I don't smell anything lol!
I really wish i could help you though but we dont use SMBC here, hopefully someone will help you.

sorry !

lynseyg2002 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 6

I don't smell anything lol!
I really wish i could help you though but we dont use SMBC here, hopefully someone will help you.

sorry !

nisha_ru Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:49pm
post #6 of 6

It has to be decorated on Thursday, for a Saturday evening wedding. There's no way around that since I have to do the wedding flowers (fresh) on Friday.

Can I pipe royal scrolls ahead of time and then put them on the SMBC? How would I do this to go on a round cake, so my scrolls actually lay against the cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%