I Desperately Need Black Cupcake Liners

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 2:02pm by loriemoms

loriemoms Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:58pm
post #1 of 8

I have a wedding in October where I need black cupcake liners. I have about 50 of them but need 100 more. The manufactuer of my liners I have is out of buisness and I cannot find them anywhere. I even looked overseas at the UK sites and they have my liners but they are to out of stock (probably the same reason I cant find them..only one company seemed to have made them) I cannot use ones with strips or stars or anything.

If anyone, even overseas, can get them, please PM me..I will pay shipping if you can get them to me. I have looked everywhere online and they just dont seem to exist! (I guess something about the black?) I hate to have to tell the bride the black is out (will try to talk her into the lazor cut cups if I have to)

Thanks!~

7 replies
jibbies Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 8

Try these two places --The North Carolina Paper Company in Clayton and Faye's Wonderland in Winston Salem. I don't have their phone #'s anymore. I will check today when I go to our Cake supply store here.
BTW I lived in Goldsboro for 23 years, we moved to Macon (Job) in 2006.

Hope this helps!

Jibbies

robinscakes Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 8

Just a thought, and not necessarily a good one. Can you try airbrushing plain white liners? I know that when I've airbrushed cupcakes and "missed" and hit the liner, the color seemed to soak in pretty well and dry up. Then again, that's after they've been baked. I don't know if it would work before baking, and it might be too awkward to do the whole thing evenly after baking. Just a thought. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

loriemoms Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbies

Try these two places --The North Carolina Paper Company in Clayton and Faye's Wonderland in Winston Salem. I don't have their phone #'s anymore. I will check today when I go to our Cake supply store here.
BTW I lived in Goldsboro for 23 years, we moved to Macon (Job) in 2006.

Hope this helps!

Jibbies

I believe The paper company is out of business...And they are a pure WIlton store (WIlton doesnt make black cupcake liners..neither does Aetco..that I why they are so hard to find, since most places only carry those brands) Believe me I have researched!

But thanks for looking!

robinscakes Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:52pm
post #5 of 8

Another idea...you could bake them in plain white liners and then cut strips of black paper and wrap it around the cupcakes. It would look nice if you tied a black ribbon around the paper to hold it in place, or you could just glue the ends together, make a notched cut-out to attach them, or maybe a black sticker to keep it closed.

Sorry I'm no help with a source. I'm definitely a "plan B" kinda girl.

loriemoms Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 2:10pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinscakes

Another idea...you could bake them in plain white liners and then cut strips of black paper and wrap it around the cupcakes. It would look nice if you tied a black ribbon around the paper to hold it in place, or you could just glue the ends together, make a notched cut-out to attach them, or maybe a black sticker to keep it closed.

Sorry I'm no help with a source. I'm definitely a "plan B" kinda girl.

Thanks..I have thown this idea and the lazor cut cups and using the striped and poka dot ones I have found at her..I am hoping she will just go with the lazor cut as they are so pretty for a wedding.

loriemoms Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:02pm
post #8 of 8

The plaid ones the bride didnt like, but THANK YOU for the ebay link! (they must have just posted because I looked yesterday) I have sent in my order and hopefully they will work!

Thanks again!

PS I found out the reason they are getting so hard to find is they are made in China..and more and more stuff from China is getting banned in this country because of the lead scare.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%