Can I Use Candy Melts To Make Ganache?

Decorating By Briniga Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 8:34pm by wrightway777

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:26am
post #1 of 6

I bought these in purple, can I use these to color white chocolate? My goal is to have purple ganache, thanks http://images.google.com/imgre.....9%26sa%3DN

5 replies
Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 6

Does anyone know??

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 6

Your link isn't coming up.. did you buy purple candy melts?? You could melt it and add it to your ganache, and you could also just use puprle candy color (an oil based food coloring).

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 6

Any coloring should work for ganache. I would not use candy melts myself. They are used when convenience is the deciding factor, not taste. For something like ganache, use real chocolate.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 6

If you added them into real white chocolate ganache it wouldn't be too bad. Just so she could use what she has. I don't care for candy melts either.. they are waxy and odd.. but mixed in with white chocolate it wouldn't be so bad.

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 8:34pm
post #6 of 6

Oh please use good white chocolate tinted with candy coloring (oil based) as mentioned above. Save the candy melts for making candy clay (so easy and fun to make). Candy melts have hydrogenated palm kernel oil instead of cocoa butter (hence cheaper and not made for taste).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%