Finally Cut The Fiance' Loose (Kinda Long)

Lounge By sweetsbycheryl Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 2:53pm by veejaytx

sweetsbycheryl Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 19

Well guys, today I need a hug. After having issues for awhile now,(some I've discussed here before-like always being gone running his children aroung for his ex), I finally got up the chutzpah and threw him out. He had told me Saturday night that he was going to the car races in our town with his buddy, which he does more often than I care to count, so I stayed home (was wiped out- just had my chemo treatment a few days ago). My mother calls me awhile later to tell me my fiance' is at a restaurant having dinner with his buddy, the buddy's wife and her female friend icon_eek.gif ( my mom actually saw them there!!). So anyway, when I called him a few minutes later to ask what's up, he gives me the we Just happened to meet up with them here speech, and I was making too much of it!! Anyway, after I read him the riot act about leaving me home alone while he was out on a foursome, I packed his bags and left them on the doorstep. my father changed the locks on my house yesterday. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent- I think I have finally got all the tears out of my sytem

18 replies
dinas27 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 19

BIG HUG for you.

It will be hard at first of course but in the long run it sounds like you will be much better off. Be strong - let your mind rest knowing that you made a good decision for you. You are your priority, heal your body and look to blue skies.

Pookie59 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 19

Good for you. I hope that someone better comes along.

mkolmar Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 19

(((BIG HUG)))
Now you can concentrate on healing and getting better without being upset and stressed out by him. It may be rough but you can always vent out everything here on CC. Good luck and stay strong.

michellenj Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 19

Did I read your post right, you're having chemo and he is cheating?

Big hugs, I am so sorry that you are going through this. I hope it work out for you.

Dordee Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:21am
post #6 of 19

Here's a ginormous hug for you (((((HUG))))). I'm so sorry you are having health problems and then that big jerk has the nerve to be out with his buddies and not home pampering you like he should have been. I totally think you made a great decision in dumping his butt. Good luck with everything!!

AmyGonzalez Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:20am
post #7 of 19

Sometimes you have to put your heart in a little glass box, and tuck it deep inside your chest, then, take out your brain. It can be much more aggressive about making sane decisions. It definitly hurts, but this too shall pass. In the long run you'll be thanking yourself that you dumped that looser! You deserve someone who will be there for you, and only you.

Meemawfish Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:30am
post #8 of 19

First of all let me give you this ((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Second of all are you all right? Stupid question huh? Sorry for what your going through and I hope it's nothing but good coming your way from now on. I'm a firm beliver in the words Only good things come to those that wait so you will surely have only good things coming your way. Try to stay postive and I will be sending only good thoughts your way. icon_biggrin.gif

seasonsmoke Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:56am
post #9 of 19

Oh no!! I'm so sorry that he did that to you. I had to engagments break up before I found my husband. There are better men out there for you.

Big Hug.

HerBoudoir Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 11:23am
post #10 of 19

(and a big piece of chocolate)

Katie-Bug Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:33pm
post #11 of 19

I am sorry you are having to go through this, but good for you! thumbs_up.gif Way to put him in his place and stand up for yourself!! Hugs for you thumbs_up.gif

tracycakes Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:59pm
post #12 of 19

Here's a big hug from me. I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this, chemo and breakup! No one should have to deal with both at the same time. I admire your courage to stand up to him and kick him out. I stayed in a long-term relationship much longer than I should have (7 years) and it is my only regret in life, that I didn't break up with him long before.

Stay strong. Keep us posted on how you are doing. thumbs_up.gif

chutzpah Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:26pm
post #13 of 19

sweetsbycheryl Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:29pm
post #14 of 19

thanks for all the support you guys- it means alot- as far as how I am doing, physically, other than always tired, I am doing OK. I have Crohn's Disease that did not respond to normal therapies, so I have to have an infusion every six weeks to keep it under control so that I can eat without being sick. Unfortunately, it is a life-long disease (no cure), and the chemo treatments will be every six weeks for the rest of my life. The infusions destroy my immune system, so I am always pretty wiped out for a day or two after. I do work full time with special needs kids and have a beautiful, very healthy 14 year old daughter, so I do have my blessings elsewhere. thanks again for your support. icon_smile.gif

dragonflydreams Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:54pm
post #15 of 19

. . .

. . . sorry you are going through this . . .

. . . be strong . . . be happy . . . consider yourself hugged . . .

paddlegirl14 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:45am
post #16 of 19

good for you!! Treat yourself to a spa day/girls day!! princess.gif

holoien003 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:23pm
post #17 of 19

He hasn't tried to contact you or attempt to make amends or anything? (Not that you would EVER go back to him but he should at least try)...What a loser! You and your daughter are better off without his sorry ass.

kjt Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 3:09pm
post #18 of 19

Congratulations...and what courage you have. Hope that each day gets easier for you...

veejaytx Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:53pm
post #19 of 19

Brings to my mind the old quote:

"It's better to have loved and lost than to be stuck with a jerk!" And he definitely is a jerk to treat you that way!

Many hugs and good wishes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%