Have To Make My Cake Ahead Of Time..help?

Decorating By jgriz1 Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 12:46am by cupsncakes

jgriz1 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 4

I have to do a cake for a party sat. However, I am crazy busy and have to do it at the beginning of the week. I have frozen my cakes in the past and they are ok, but this cake is too large and I can't fit it in the fridge. If I do it Monday or tuesday (completely decorated too w/ MMF) will it still taste fresh by sat? Any tips on how to wrap/ store it to keep it best? I woul appreciate any tips! Thanks all for your help!!!! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
karateka Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:06am
post #2 of 4

If it is completely covered in fondant, you can get away with 2 extra days early.

I usually bake on Thurs, decorate Fri, and deliver Sat. So a completely covered fondant cake would theoretically be ok if baked Tuesday.

I'd feel a little edgy about that, though, to be honest. I wouldn't want to bake any sooner than Wednesday. But that's my personal paranoia. Good luck!

kakeladi Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:12am
post #3 of 4

Are you sure you can't get it into the fzr?
I would not bake any sooner than Wed for a Sat delivery.
It also depends on where you arfe located.....is it hot & humid? The more so it is the *less* time ahead you should bake. Do you have a cool basement where you could store it?
I really would not bake this early icon_sad.gif

cupsncakes Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:46am
post #4 of 4

Do you know anyone with a large freezer who could help you out? I agree, if it is warm where you are I wouldn't bake earlier than Wednesday for a Saturday cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%